Saturday, February 26, 2011

Painting points and Warmahordes.

An important aspect of this new blog will be the hobby side. Constant updates as to what is occupying my work desk. At the moment I have an army of guard for a long since overdue commission. It's pretty cool actually, lots of different units, tanks and super heavy items as well as a smattering of Tau and various other random miniature lines. Today I accomplished a Techpriest Engineseer, 2 Servitors and 3 Catatchans. Pics to come when they are all dry.

With these models I will also start a painting points program that I first learned about from The Gamers Lounge. I like everyone else who seems to track painting points will create and tweak off of the Lone Pilgrim Model.

15mm 0.5pts
28-32mm 1pt
40mm 2pts
50mm-60mm 3pts
Vehicles /Dreadnoughts 5pts
Super Heavies 10pts

My goal is to reach 200pts by the end of the year. Models will only count towards points if they are fully painted, based and posted on the blog. Additionally when I purchase a model I must track the points value beside the points earned by painting looking like this:
Points Earned/Models Purchased  or as my PE/MP

Tomorrow when the bases dry and I have a chance to throw them up here I'll have earned my first few points!

In other brief news I signed up for a demo game of Warmahordes on Wednesday at my FLGS. I have a few Legion items and they seem to be a top tier force. I did purchase them for a bargain and the Shredders and Carnivean really drew me to the faction. hopefully I'll enjoy the rules as much as everyone else around here seems to and pick up another game for my repertoire. News on this later.

Caio!
~A

PE0/MP0

No comments:

Post a Comment